Arduino, Photocell and LED Lights for SMART CARS, Signaling, Life saving training equipments and common sense uses
Very often we have photocell used as a sensor to determine how much one LED lighting fixture should dim or light up.
Do you know that photocell can work well even in a broad day light condition easily and cheaply?
Through our experiments with Arduino and photocell sensors, we have found many more quirky, interesting and common sense applications with LED lighting.
1. A smart vehicle with photocell attached to head lights or back lights.
- Your cars' back / head light can light up automatically when a tailgate car comes too close or you are following too closely to some cars infront.
- The shadow / reduce incident light to the photocell will automatically light up your cars' head lights!
- The best part is that the light intensity gets higher as you move closer beyond safety limit.
1b. This can also be applied by the traffic police, LTA or drivers for sending out signals for whatever purposes they need!
2. Training equipments that uses a photocell as a simple sensor to detect correct posture.
- E.g. During CPR training, the trainee position will block the photocell well. This will trigger a green light to light up informing the assessor the trainee is position correctly.
There are more uses beyond child's play in this and we look forward to hearing from anyone with a project in mind! We're glad to share how to get things done !