Why do you need a professional LED lighting technology specialist these days?
1. Too many products with similar lighting specifications from different suppliers for review.
2. Compatibility issues with lighting hardware and design
3. Integration and implementation issues
4. Design and balancing with the environment
5. Understanding the risks and possible areas of failure (This is a costly and time consuming activity that most contractors usually are not capable to handle.)
6. Trial and error for the implementation due to uniqueness of each project.
7. Get a lighting consultant on board your project early to minimise risk of failuregoing forward.
Notwithstanding the above, unless the client is willing to pay a high amount of cost for an undetermined result; it is better to pay a good amount of professional fee to achieve a suitable level of assurance on the success of each lighting project. Of course, paying all this fee doesn't necessarily mean it will be successful. The whole team as stake holders should be realistic that all projects are unique.